As seen in the image, there are 4 different memberships in the system. Read the order explained below:
- Direct User Membership (Explicitly adding a user)
When a single user is being added to an object, the user gets a direct user membership.
- Direct Team Membership (Explicitly adding a team)
When a team is added to an object, the team will get direct team membership.
- Trickled Down User Membership (User’s from parent)
The direct user will get a trickled down user membership from a parent object.
- Trickled Down Team Membership (Teams from parent)
The direct team will get a trickled down team membership from a parent object.
- If you want one of the users in the team to get a Full Control access level, you will need to change the access level of the specified user to Full Control.
- When the privacy of an object is changed from Public to Private, the user or team that are explicitly added will remain.
- When the privacy of an object is changed from Private to Public, the users and teams from the parent will be added as a trickled down member.